CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 2, 2011

Think About It!: What do you look for in a Friend?

Ever since I was a teeny girl, this was the one question that people would ask. ALWAYS. What do you look for in a friend. Well, my answer as a teeny girl was probably this:
        "Uhh...I dunno. Someone who will share their Barbies with me?"
or possibly even,
        "Someone who is nice. And well let me have the li-hing mui from their shave ice."
Something along those lines, ya know?


And to be incredibly honest, I still don't really know what I look for in a friend. I'm extremely picky about people. I know, I know, it's horrible. But I've had many friends in the last few years of my life that have screwed me over. In fact, the people that screwed me over the most were my very best friends. I know. What kind of friend is that, right? So because of them, I sometimes have a hard time trusting people. Get it?


But thankfully, I have been blessed with some rather awesome people in my life. They are funny, honest, and kind, for the most part anyway. And of course I have my best friend.


His name is Brandon and we've been close for about three years now. And trust me, it has been long enough. I can tell him everything (yes, even the gross, girly stuff) and I would trust him with my life. We have our fights, because we are like brother and sister (so no one go get any ideas about how we should date. it's not gonna happen. EVER). He understands me like no one else in the world. He doesn't make fun of my ideas, but he's not afraid to laugh at me and tell me that I'm being stupid. He always, always listens to me when I need to vent. He is flippin' awesome.


If I could have a billion friends like my brotha, I'd be set. My group of friends are varied and our personalities are so different, but we all connect somehow. I like people who will listen to me (which is why I like you guys 'cause obviously if you're following me and reading my stuff, then you must enjoy the things I'm saying). I look for friends who are funny. a sense of humor is super important! if you can't laugh then we can't be friends (although i understand there is also a time for seriousness). I like people that are honest and won't talk smack about me behind my back. seriously, if you want to know something about me come ask ME about it. I like people who are real. Fake people annoy the living day lights out of me. Seriously, why would you waste your time being like that? I like people who are chill but can find a way to have a good time even if we're just sitting around talking story.


I try my best to like most people, and I usually do. I'm just the kind of  person who will be a little bit of a loner at first. But, I warm up to people quickly (as long as they get me. it's really hard to get an aquarius. trust me, even i don't get me sometimes)!


So, time for you to THINK about it. What do you look for in a friend?


No comments:

Post a Comment