CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 19, 2010

New Years Preparation List.

Hey guys!
If you haven't been able to check out my new reading blog, TayIRL Reads, please do. Or, if you have any friends who love reading, send them over! I am currently reading Memoirs of A Geisha by Arthur Golden. If you want, you can even read it with me!


As you guys probably already know, I am soooooo excited for the new year! And not so much Christmas (I'm gonna be a total Scrooge McDuck this year, I know it =P). The New Year is exciting for me because I am a really huge fan of a having a New Start. I think it's cool how the universe (literally) constantly gives us the chance to start again, to do better, you know...all that good stuff.

Well, I also believe in starting the new year off on the right foot. To be honest, I'm pretty superstitious about New Years (blame my Chinese for that one...). It's nothing too big, but I really believe in starting off the year how you want to end it. So, if you're bummed out and mopey on New Years eve/day, you'll probably have a grumptastic year. But, if you start the new year off with a smile on your face, then you'll probably be smiley all year. Really, it's just all about your outlook. Last year, I had an interesting New Years full of ups and downs, which is why (I believe) my year was a full on roller coaster of emotion. 



Anyway, I am really looking forward to 2011 and I want to start the New Year off right! I am already in that positive thinking state of mind (I'm pretty sure 2011 is going to be AWESOME) and I'm trying to stay extra, super healthy so that I don't get sick on New Years, but here's a list of some other stuff I want to get done by the time 2011 hits!


01. Clean/Rearrange & Reorganize my room. It has been somewhat of a mess since I came back from vacation (possibly because I still have not unpacked anything...), which is actually really unlike me. So, over the next week I'm going to clean my room and take pictures of it in it's current arrangement.


I'm the type of girl that enjoys moving things around and playing with the looks of a room (I'm telling you, I should be an interior designer. Do they have majors for that?). I don't really like my room looking one way for too long. It doesn't have to be a whole furniture reversal most of the time, but it will be this time. 


02. Get a new dresser/mirror. That's also a pretty big Christmas wish list item for me (along with a bike, and some awesome fabrics/thread/mad sewing skills). The current dresser that I have belonged to my cousins and I apparently have way too much clothes, so the drawers are kind of falling apart and I don't have enough closet space.


03. Get rid of all the clothes that are tattered or don't fit me anymore. I've never actually done this for the new year before, and it doesn't really have anything to do with a superstition, but I just want to make sure that I have clothes that fit and that are nice.


04. Make amends. This one is probably going to be on the harder side for me, because I tend to hold grudges (not good, I know). But chinese superstition says that you should be at a positive place and not in "debt" whether it be personal or financial. 


05. Put money in all of my purses. Speaking of finances, another superstition says that all a persons money bags should have at least a few coins in them, and the person should be carrying money on them. It's a sign of good finances in the new year.


06. Do a My Year In Review based on my Twitter Statuses. You know those Facebook Status  in a year thingies? Well, I deleted my old facebook right smack dab in the middle of the year and I won't be able to do that, so instead I'm going to go through my twitter statuses and make my own year in review kind of thing.


07. Blog about this year. That will definitely be fun!


That's all that I can think of right now. But I'm sure more things will come up in the future. What are some things on your "To Do Before New Years" list? And share some cool New Years Superstitions you've heard of too!

No comments:

Post a Comment