For my ultimate recap of 2010 post, I wanted it to be original....kind of. I suck at coming up with ideas of my own. Anyway, I have named this entry The Good, The Bad, The....WTFeven was that? Because "The Ugly" is just too obvious. And can you even describe a year as "ugly"?
Anyway, as I may or may not have said in previous posts, 2010 was a crazy year. I went through a lot of changes. Looking back, I am definitely not the same person I was on December 31, 2009. Heck, I'm barely even the same person that I was in May 2010!
This year was a roller coaster ride. A very intense roller coaster ride. With terrifying hills, crazy loops, and bone chilling speeds. Like any roller coaster ride, I was excited when I first got on (AKA the beginning of 2010), but now that it's over, I'm excited to get off! It's not a ride that I would choose to ride again, but at least I can tell my friends that I survived it!
- I turned 20 in January! It was a BIG change, but not really. I guess it's kind of hard to understand. I felt older and more responsible, but still young at the same time.
- I got to give a very special little boy his hawaiian name! i felt honored when my cousin asked me to name her baby. It was the first time I got to do it for family
- I got to meet Elder Quentin L. Cook at a Stake Conference. He even shook my hand. It was my first time meeting or even being in the same room as an Apostle of the Lord. It was pretty amazing.
- I began enjoying work a lot more. I got closer with the kids, got closer with my co-workers. It was wonderful.
- (This was 2009 ish too, but more 2010) I learned what it was like to live independently as an adult. I worked and payed my rent and bought food and other necessities, while also being able to get things that I enjoyed, all while also going to school. And you know what? I did really well.
- I sent a bunch of friends on missions (2009). Ok, technically I didn't, but a lot of them did leave on missions. Mmkay?
- I survived Tsunami '10. Which turned out to be a 3 foot wave. Not even big enough to surf on.
- Working with little kids helped me build up my immune system! I haven't been sick all year! And if I was sick it was because of my allergies and not because of germs! yay me! lol
- I moved back to O'ahu!
- I got my Lady Luvs and Mr. Merli-Boo! It was my welcome home gift.
- I made new friends in my new ward!
- I went to the YSA Conference in Oahu and met some pretty awesome new people.
- I went camping for the first time in years! It was so much fun!
- I got to attend temple open house twice! two of which i ran into isaiah. which is irony.
- taylor swift released her album speak now which was amazing, of course.
- I became an aunt to two beautiful little boys.
- I went to Florida and Las Vegas for the first time. And I fell in love with both places. I got to spend time in Disney World with extended family. And I got to enjoy cowboys in Vegas! It was A W E S O M E.
-I went to Disney World for the first time and I had the absolute time of my life. I even got to go on a Disney Cruise! And we became members of the Disney Vacation Club. This was my year of Disney.
- I went to THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY -FREAKIN- POTTER. It was the BEST thing ever. I've never had so much fun! I friggen LOVE Harry Potter and to be able to go there was a dream come true. It was the BEST day of my entire life. (so far)
- I went to the Justin Bieber concert in October!
- I made a lot of new & wonderful friends. I'm super blessed to have them and I can't wait for our friendships to grow next year!
- I got EVERYTHING that I wanted for christmas! Including my sewing machine, Zumba, Just Dance 2 and Dance on Broadway for Wii!
-I realized that I am, in fact, a crafty girl.
-I started this blog back in October and I made a ton of new bloggy friends and I learned a lot from all of you!
-I witnessed a close friend of mine get proposed to and then she asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding!!
- I started having problems with my ex-roomie. It was beginning to get very hard living with her.
- My stupid uncle and his stupid family moved out of the house that they were living in with my grandma and didn't even have the courtesy to tell her...until the weekend that they were moving. Friggen idiots.
- And then they moved back in like 10 months later because they couldn't pay the bills at their house because they are friggen idiots.
- Tsunami '10. Although it wasn't big, the circumstances behind it were scary and sad. The tsunami was triggered by an earthquake off the coast of Chile which injured and killed many people. The people in Hawaii were blessed with safety from the tsunami, but earthquakes were really devastating throughout many parts of the world.
- I almost broke my leg twice. Once because I fell off of a moving car (idiot ex boyfriends fault) and the other because clumsiness + rain in hilo= lots of slippage.
- I realized that I do, in fact, have an anxiety disorder. It's not too intense, but it's pretty worrying.
- My friend's father passed away & of course, out of respect I went to the funeral. It was the first funeral I went to since my grandpa's.
-I had mood swings like it was no one's business. I thought that the whole moody teenager thing ended when you weren't a teenager anymore. I was wrong.
- I suffered more migraines than ever before in my life this year. It was crazy!
- I had to endure electric shock therapy on my arm. It was gruesome. OK, not really. I am a drama queen.
The...WTFeven was that?!
Life threw me so many curve balls this year, I can't even remember them all.
As usual, the good far outweighs the bad! Yes 2010 was a huge roller coaster ride, but I learned a lot from it (like that fact that I don't like roller coasters =P).
I feel like I really grew up this year. I feel like turning twenty really meant stepping out of being a child and I began my transition into adulthood. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm a full fledged adult. Heck, I'm no where close to that, but I know that with every decision I've made this year, every obstacle I've faced, I got one step closer to becoming truly an adult.
I think 2011 is going to be a really important year for me. For starters, I'm turning 21!!! But that's even closer into the adult world. I'm going to learn so much more and I'm going to encounter many things and I'm going to be a different person on December 31, 2011 than I am today. And I want to thank you all, my blog readers, for joining me in the process (sappy, sappy, sappy!!).
Stay tuned, later on tonight i'll be posting one more recap (yeah, i enjoy recapping my years, it's a great way to remember to do better next year). It'll be all pictures and hardly any words!